Red, White & Blueberry Watermelon Pizza
Looking for the perfect Greek salad on a steamy, hot day? Try this wonderful combination of fruit and feta, spiked with a little mint and Greek olive oil and shaped like an individual pizza, and serve yourself a slice of Mediterranean diet goodness! Make sure to use Greek feta!
- 1 1- inch thick 8- to 10-inches in diameter round of chilled watermelon, with the rind
- 1 – 1 ½ cups small-diced feta
- 2/3 cup fresh blueberries
- ½ - 2/3 cup julienned fresh mint
- Cracked black pepper
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin Greek olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon petimezi
- Sea salt to taste
Place the watermelon round on a plate. Strew the feta, blueberries and mint over the top. Sprinkle with freshly ground black pepper.
Whisk together the dressing ingredients and drizzle over the top. Cut into wedges, like pizza slices, and serve.
Want to learn more easy, healthy Mediterranean diet recipes? Sign up for my online course “Mastering the Mediterranean!“