Baklava Banana Smoothie Bowl
The classic flavors of baklava, with all those warm spices, play out beautifully in a not-so-classic Greek recipe for a smoothie. Call this the perfect Mediterranean diet snack and make sure to drizzle it with real Greek honey! You’ll love the Aegina pistachio butter as well!
- 2 ripe bananas peeled and frozen
- 2 tbsp creamy Aegina pistachio butter or almond butter
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Pinch of ground cloves
- 1 – 3 teaspoons Greek honey to taste
- 1/2 cup almond milk or more, to get desired consistency
For garnish :
- 2 tablespoons raw shelled pistachios, coarsely chopped or 2 teaspoons each of pistachios, chopped almonds and chopped walnuts
- Ground cinnamon
- Additional Greek honey as desired
Add the smoothie ingredients to the blender, together with 4 to 6 ice cubes. Blend until smooth and creamy. Adjust the amount of liquid as needed. Transfer smoothie to a bowl. Garnish decoratively with chopped nuts, a sprinkle of cinnamon and a drizzling of honey, and serve!
Want to learn more easy, healthy Mediterranean diet recipes? Sign up for my online course “Mastering the Mediterranean!“