Watermelon Pizza with Feta, Tomatoes & Arugula
This Greek recipe for watermelon-feta salad is shaped like a pizza! The classic combination of feta and watermelon, together with arugula, tomatoes, and a little drizzle of extra virgin Greek olive oil will lighten up any warm day and fill you, too! The perfect Greek-Mediterranean dish and even better Mediterranean diet recipe!
- 1 1- inch thick 8- to 10-inches in diameter round of chilled watermelon, with the rind
- 1 – 1 ½ cups small-diced feta
- 2/3 cup yellow or red teardrop tomatoes halved both lengthwise and across the width
- 1 ½ cups thin-leaf or baby arugula
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin Greek olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
- Sea salt to taste
Place the watermelon round on a plate. Strew the arugula, feta and tomatoes over the top. Sprinkle with freshly ground black pepper.
Whisk together the dressing ingredients and drizzle over the top. Cut into wedges, like pizza slices, and serve.
Want to learn more easy, healthy Mediterranean diet recipes? Sign up for my online course “Mastering the Mediterranean!“