Greek Salad with Heirloom Tomatoes, Santorini Capers, Aegina Pistachios, Watermelon, Peaches & Avocado
This Greek salad is a great Mediterranean Diet recipe option for food lovers interested in Greek vegan delights. The Santorini capers and caper leaves add pleasant notes of acidity. The avocado takes the place of creamy Greek feta. The Aegina pistachios, watermelon and peaches bring it all together!
- 2 large heirloom or other great tomatoes firm and ripe
- ½ a large avocado
- 2 cups watermelon seeded watermelon cubes
- 1 firm rip peach, halved and cut into 8 – 10 slices
- 1 tablespoon Santorini capers
- 2 tablespoons salted or unsalted (per tastAegina pistachios
- 8 Santorini caper leaves
- Pinch of Greek sea salt
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin Greek olive oil
- 2 teaspoons Greek balsamic vinegar
- Fresh mint leaves
- Core and cut the tomatoes into wedges. Score the avocado half into cubes.
- Place the tomatoes, watermelon cubes, peach slices, capers and pistachios in a serving bowl. Dislodge the avocado cubes gently into the bowl. Clean around the sides of the bowl with a damp paper towel.
- Whisk together the olive oil, vinegar and salt. Drizzle over the salad and garnish with mint.