Crispy Cod Pita Wrap with Yogurt Tartar Sauce
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- One 12-ounce bottle amber beer
- 2 teaspoons hot sauce
- 1 pound Greek sea bass fillets, cut into 1-inch wide strips.
- 6 pita or tortilla wraps
- 1 Bibb lettuce or romaine head, leaves separated and coarsely chopped
- 3 tomatoes, sliced
- Greek yogurt tartar sauce
- ½ Ccup mayonnaise
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 3 tablespoon finely chopped cornichon pickles
- 1 tablespoons chopped capers
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- Grated zest of 1 lemon
- Juice of ½ to 1 lemon
- Salt, pepper to taste
- Whisk together all ingredients for Greek yogurt tartar. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a deep frying pan.
- Whisk together batter ingredients in a large bowl. Dip the fish strips in the batter and fry until golden and crunchy. Remove and drain on paper towels.
Greek Food - Greek Cooking - Greek Recipes by Diane Kochilas //www.dianekochilas.com/