Potato Salad With Greek Yogurt – Herb “Mayo”
Everyone loves a great potato salad and this Greek recipe for potato salad, which calls for Greek yogurt and extra virgin Greek olive oil, plus plenty of herbs, will change your mind about the old-school classics slathered in mayo! Here’s a healthy alternative that’s a perfect fit for the Mediterranean diet!
- 3 pounds / 1 ½ kilos potatoes peeled and quartered
- 1/4 cup fresh oregano leaves
- 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves
- 1/4 cup fresh thyme leaves
- ¼ cup fresh parsley or cilantro leaves
- 2 – 3 fresh rosemary sprigs
- Grated zest of 1 lemon preferably organic
- 1 ½ cups Greek strained yogurt
- 2 – 3 garlic cloves finely chopped
- ½ cup extra virgin Greek olive oil
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- Greek sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
Boil the potatoes in salted water until fork tender. Remove and drain.
While the potatoes are simmering, finely chop all the herbs and combine. Whisk together the olive oil, yogurt, garlic, mustard and lemon zest. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Place the hot potatoes in a mixing bowl and toss gently with the yogurt dressing and chopped herbs.
Serve warm or at room temperature.