Refrigerator Cheesecake With Grilled Fruit & Greek Honey
This Greek recipe for cheesecake is a year-round classic. You can top it with seasonal fruit or simply drizzly it with a generous spoonful or two of Greek honey!
For the Crust:
- 1-1/2 cups petite beurre or any hard cookie or graham cracker crumbs
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup butter melted
For the Filling:
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
For the Topping:
- 4 peaches pitted and halved or a combo of 2 peaches, 2 plums and 2 apricots, halved and pitted
- Melted butter for brushing fruit
- 3 – 4 tsp sugar for sprinkling on fruit
- Greek honey and mint for garnish
Mix the cookie crumbs, brown sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl. Gently stir in the melted butter and mix until combined. Press the mixture onto the bottom and 1-inch up the sides of an ungreased 9-inch springform pan. Refrigerate the crust for 30 minutes or until firm to the touch.
Beat together the cream cheese, sugar and lemon juice in a large bowl until smooth. Slowly add the cream, and continue beating until the mixture is stiff and dense.
Transfer the mixture to the prepared crust, then refrigerate the cheesecake, covered, for 8 hours or overnight.
For the fruit: Toss with the sugar and melted butter and grill on all sides. Cool.
Serve the cheesecake topped with the fruit and drizzled with additional Greek honey.