Ikarian Potato Salad
Skip the mayo and make a healthy Ikaria-style potato salad! To find some of the artisinal Greek products you'll need to make this, visit my online shop here, where you'll discover a host of lovingly curated Greek ingredients.
- 1 ½ pounds / 750 g boiling potatoes peeled, washed, and quartered
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- ½ cup extra virgin Greek olive oil or more, to taste
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard optional
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 scallions or spring onions trimmed and cut into thin rounds
- 1 small red onion halved and sliced
- ½ cup snipped fresh dill
- Place the potatoes in a large pot and cover with cold water by two inches / 5 cm. Bring to a boil over medium heat, add 1 tablespoon of salt to the boiling water. Lower heat and simmer the potatoes until fork tender, about 20 minutes.
- Drain the potatoes in a colander and rinse with cold water.
- Whisk together the olive oil, vinegar, salt, pepper, and mustard, if using.
- Toss the potatoes with the scallions, onions, and olive oil mixture. Sprinkle with fresh dill and toss gently. Season to taste with additional salt and pepper.