Grilled Summer Fruit Packets with Greek Wine and Greek Yogurt
I loved grilled fruit, especially when seasoned with a little Greek wine. This is the perfect Mediterranean Diet dessert: light, fresh, easy, and made with healthy ingredients like fresh fruit and Greek yogurt. You can swap out the plums and grapes for peaches, nectarines and cherries. Served with Greek yogurt, this is an easy, elegant dessert perfect for every occasion.
- 1 cup Greek Mavrodaphne wine
- 1/2 cup sugar 3 whole cloves
- 1 small cinnamon stick
- 4 large firm, ripe pitted plums, cut lengthwise into quarters or sixths
- 1 cup seedless purple grapes halved lengthwise
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon finely grated orange zest
- In a small saucepan. bring the wine and sugar to a boil over medium high heat. Reduce to a simmer. Add the cloves and cinnamon stick, and continue cooking until the mixture is reduced by half and syrupy, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Remove and set aside to cool.
- Heat the grill to medium. Cut four pieces of parchment paper into 12 x 15-inch pieces.
- In a small bowl, toss the plums and grapes with 2 tablespoons of the wine syrup. Divide the mixture into four equal portions and spoon each into the center of a parchment piece. Dot each portion of fruit with 1/2 tablespoon butter.