Noodles with Yogurt and Herbs
Noodles with Yogurt and Herbs. Filling, delicious, and easy to make! The best Greek olive oil will make this even tastier. You can find that as well as a whole range of carefully curated Greek artisinal products on my online store here.
- 1 large red onion finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves minced or sliced very thin
- 6 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 pound fresh fettucine or tagliatelle
- 2 cups mixed finely chopped fresh herbs: marjoram mint, oregano, wild fennel, parsley, thyme
- 1 tsp. grated lemon zest
- 2 cups Greek yogurt
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat two tablespoons of olive oil over medium flame in a medium frying pan and sauté the onions and garlic until soft, about 8 minutes.
- Bring a large pot of well-salted water to a rolling boil and cook the pasta to desired doneness.
- Combine the herbs, onion-garlic mixture, salt and pepper.
- Remove 2 cups of the pasta cooking water and whisk into the yogurt, together with the olive oil and lemon zest.
- Drain the pasta and toss all together with the yogurt mixture and herbs. Season to taste with additional salt and pepper and serve hot.