Easy Chicken with Olives and Orange
Adding traditional Greek olives and the unique orange flavour to your chicken, will make this simple dish absolutely special! Look for green or black olives, great Greek olive oil and herbs, and myriad other authentic, carefully curated Greek food products on my online store here.
- 8 chicken thighs with skin
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin Greek olive oil
- 5 large garlic cloves sliced
- 2 medium red onions chopped
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 cup fresh orange juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2/3 cup green pitted olives
- Wash the chicken thighs and pat dry with paper towel.
- Heat the oil in a deep, heavy skillet over medium to high heat. Add the chicken, sear, and transfer to a platter.
- Remove and discard all but one tablespoon of the fat from the frying pan. Reduce heat to medium and sauté onion and garlic until translucent, stirring, about 5 – 7 minutes. Add the cumin, orange juice, and lemon juice. Season with sSalt and pepper to taste. Add the chicken and the olives.
- Simmer covered for 25 minutes or until we make sure that the chicken is cooked through and tender.