Zucchini Stir-Fry with Teardrop Tomatoes, Greek Herbs & Greek Feta
Every Greek summer, in my Ikaria garden, zucchini rules! This is one of my favorite Greek recipes for zucchini, a quick and easy stir-fry with a sprinkling of Greek feta and Greek herbs. Don’t forget to use extra virgin Greek olive oil in this excellent example of a Mediterranean Diet recipe AND Ikaria longevity dish! Enjoy it al fresco, too, under the stars!
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin Greek olive oil
- 3 cups zucchini cut into ½-inch cubes or ¼-inch wedges
- 3 garlic cloves thinly sliced
- 1 ½ cups teardrop tomatoes halved lengthwise
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- 3 tablespoons julienned fresh basil
- Greek sea salt and pepper to taste
- ½ cup crumbled Greek feta
Heat the olive oil in a nonstick skillet over high heat and add the zucchini, stirring quickly but gently, until glistening. About five minutes after adding the zucchini, gently stir in the garlic.
Add the halved teardrop tomatoes and shuffle the pan back and forth over the flame to combine. Try not to use a spoon or spatula, so as not to break up the tomatoes. Season to taste with salt and pepper, and cook for a few minutes, until the zucchini is tender but al dente and the tomatoes juicy but not mushy.
Gently toss or stir in the herbs and crumbled Greek feta. Serve warm.