Zucchini Stir-Fry with Teardrop Tomatoes, Greek Herbs & Greek Feta
Every Greek summer, in my Ikaria garden, zucchini rules! This is one of my favorite Greek recipes for zucchini, a quick and easy stir-fry with a sprinkling of Greek feta and Greek herbs. Don’t forget to use extra virgin Greek olive oil in this excellent example of a Mediterranean Diet recipe AND Ikaria longevity dish! Enjoy it al fresco, too, under the stars!
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin Greek olive oil
- 3 cups zucchini cut into ½-inch cubes or ¼-inch wedges
- 3 garlic cloves thinly sliced
- 1 ½ cups teardrop tomatoes halved lengthwise
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- 3 tablespoons julienned fresh basil
- Greek sea salt and pepper to taste
- ½ cup crumbled Greek feta
- Heat the olive oil in a nonstick skillet over high heat and add the zucchini, stirring quickly but gently, until glistening. About five minutes after adding the zucchini, gently stir in the garlic.
- Add the halved teardrop tomatoes and shuffle the pan back and forth over the flame to combine. Try not to use a spoon or spatula, so as not to break up the tomatoes. Season to taste with salt and pepper, and cook for a few minutes, until the zucchini is tender but al dente and the tomatoes juicy but not mushy.
- Gently toss or stir in the herbs and crumbled Greek feta. Serve warm.