Zucchini Omelet with Greek Yogurt & Feta
Greek yogurt gives spring to this easy omelet. The feta? A no-brainer, of course, in many omelets!
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 scallions or spring onions trimmed and chopped
- 2 small zucchini trimmed and cut into 1/-4-inch rounds, or diced
- 1/2 cup chopped wild fennel dill or mint
- 6 eggs
- 2 tablespoons Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup crumbled Greek feta
- Salt pepper to taste
In a 10- or 12-inch (25- 30-cm) nonstick frying pan over medium-high flame, heat the olive oil and saute the scallions until soft and translucent. Add the zucchini, cooking rapidly. Stir in the herbs.
Lower heat. Whisk the eggs with 2 tablespoons water and the yogurt and pour into the frying pan, tilting back and forth for a few minutes so that the egg cooks evenly. As it begins to set, sprinkle in the feta. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Cover the frying pan and cook the omelet over low heat for about 6 -8 minutes, or until set and lightly golden. Flip into a large plate, cut into wedges and serve.