Chile Whipped Feta Dip
This is one of the most versatile dips in the Greek kitchen. Serve it as it is, with pita chips or crunchy raw vegetables, toss it into hot pasta with a little extra olive oil, stuff it into peppers, tomatoes, or squid before roasting or grilling, or just let your imagination run with it! To find some of the artisinal Greek products you'll need to make this, visit my online shop here, where you'll discover a host of lovingly curated Greek ingredients.
- ½ lb. / 250 gr. feta
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 medium-size pepper seeded and finely chopped
- 1 small dried red chili pepper finely chopped
- 1 pickled green pepper seeded and finely chopped
- 2 tsp. dried oregano
- Freshly grated black pepper
- Fresh lemon juice from ½ a lemon
- Black olive for garnish
- In a medium sized bowl, mash the feta with a fork and gradually add the olive oil, the chopped peppers, the oregano and the pepper. Beat and mash the mixture for about 10 minutes (if using a food processor less time is needed), occasionally mixing in some of the lemon juice, until the mixture becomes soft and creamy. Cover the bowl and place it in the refrigerator for at least an hour before serving.
Go to my online Greek specialty food shop for a range of traditional and artisanal delicacies from all over Greece.