Steamed Cauliflower with Honey-Feta Dressing
This plant-based Greek recipe for warm cauliflower, one of the healthiest and most versatile of the cruciferous vegetables, may be served warm or as a Greek salad during colder months. It’s the perfect example of easy, delicious Mediterranean diet recipes! Make sure to use real extra virgin Greek olive oil and real Greek feta for the best results!
For the dressing:
- 1/4 cup fresh strained orange juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 – 2 teaspoons Greek honey
- Pinch of Greek sea salt
- Grated zest of 1 lemon
- 3/4 cup extra virgin Greek olive oil
- ¾ cup crumbled Greek feta
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2/3 cup pomegranate seeds
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 medium head of cauliflower cut into florets and steamed (about 6 – 8 cups)
Have the cauliflower cut into florets and steamed to al dente.
In a medium bowl, whisk together the orange juice and mustard. Whisk in the honey. Add the olive oil and a pinch of salt, and whisk all together until creamy. Mix in the feta and herbs. Mix in the pomegranate seeds. Season to taste. Pour the dressing over the warm cauliflower, toss gently and serve.