Sautéed Chicken with Herbs and Olives
Who doesn't love an easy chicken recipe? Here's one of my favorites. Check out the Greek herbs olive oil by going to my online store here.
- 1 chicken 1 ½ kilo (3.3lbs), cut into serving pieces
- ¼ cup olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- ½ cup white wine
- 3 to matos peeled, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 anchovy fillet
- 1 garlic clove finely chopped
- 1 tsp. each of savory and marjoram
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 sprigs fresh basil
- ½ cup green or other Greek olives pitted
Season the chicken with salt and pepper and brown in the olive oil on both sides, a process that will take about 15-20 minutes.
Add the wine. When it comes to a simmer add the tomatoes, anchovy, garlic and herbs. Let the contents of the pan simmer for approx. 10 more minutes, or until the chicken is fork tender and cooked through. Add the olives and heat through for about 5 more minutes. Serve.