Pan-Roasted Potatoes with Krokos Kozanis and Herbs
Greek recipes for roasted potatoes abound! This one is an extra easy, pan-roasted Greek potato dream, made even more delicious with great extra virgin Greek olive oil and Krokos Kozanis, aka Greek saffron.
- 2 pounds small new potatoes about 24, thoroughly washed and any damaged spots removed
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin Greek olive oil
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 cup dry white wine
- Greek sea salt to taste
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary leaves or 2 teaspoons dried
- 2 teaspoons dried Greek wild thyme or oregano
- 1 generous pinch Greek saffron krokos Kozanis
Place the potatoes in one layer in a large saucepan and add the oil, butter, wine and salt.
Bring to a boil, cover and cook over high heat for about 8 minutes.
Reduce the heat and continue cooking, covered, over low heat for about 10 minutes to brown the potatoes.
Add the herbs and saffron and cook, stirring occasionally, 2 to 3 minutes longer. Serve.