Carrot-Celery Root Greek Salad With Mastiha-Citrus Vinaigrette
Another great Greek salad recipe, especially in the winter. The mastiha and pistachios go especially well together. Try using a high-polyphenol Greek olive oil in this for an added layer of flavour and a beautiful peppery finish.
- 4 large carrots peeled and coarsely shredded
- 1 large celery root peeled and coarsely shredded
- ½ cup chopped fresh coriander or mint
- grated zest of 1 lemon
- ½ cup Aegina pistachios peeled and coarsely chopped
- Place the grated carrot and celery root in two separate bowls of ice water to crisp and to keep the celery root from browning.
- Whisk together all the ingredients in the dressing until smooth and emulsified.
- Just before serving the salad, drain the carrots and celery root and dry in clean kitchen towels.
- Place in a mixing bowl and toss with the coriander or mint, lemon zest and pistachios. Mix in the dressing and serve.