Kayianas - Scrambled Eggs with Tomatoes and Olives
Makes 2 servings | Prep Time: 10 minutes | Cooking Time: 10 – 15 minutes
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin Greek olive oil
- 4 plum ripe tomatoes, peeled, cored and chopped
- 1 garlic clove (optional) finely chopped
- ½ cup pitted, chopped Kalamata olives
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh mint or oregano
- ⅓ cup crumbled Greek feta
- ¼ cup grated Greek kefalotyri cheese
- Parsley for garnish
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add tomatoes, garlic, and olives and simmer for 5 - 7 minutes, stirring with a wooden spoon, until most of the tomato juices have evaporated.
- In a small bowl, whisk together eggs, mint or oregano, and cheeses. Pour egg mixture into skillet and cook, stirring with a wooden spoon for 3 to 5 minutes, or to desired doneness. Serve warm, garnished with parsley and seasoned with salt and pepper.
Greek Food - Greek Cooking - Greek Recipes by Diane Kochilas //www.dianekochilas.com/