Kale Caesar with Chickpeas and Greek Yogurt Dressing
- 10 cups kale rinsed and coarsely chopped
- 2 cups cooked chickpeas drained (see note)
- Greek sea salt and pepper to taste
- ½ cup Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin Greek olive oil
- Grated zest of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons fresh strained lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon minced Greek garlic or 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 scant tablespoon Dijon mustard
- ¼ to ½ cup grated parmigiana or Greek kefalograviera cheese
Combine the kale and chickpeas in a large mixing bowl.
Whisk together the salt, yogurt, olive oil, lemon zest and juice, garlic, mustard and half the cheese. Pour over salad and toss well. Sprinkle with remaining grated cheese and serve.
You can fry the cooked chickpeas a little, to get a crunchier texture, if desired. To do that, heat an additional tablespoon of olive oil in a nonstick skillet and fry the cooked chickpeas until golden and crisp. Remove and toss as per instructions above.