Grilled Salmon with Tomatoes and Olives
Salmon grilled to perfection, with a Greek touch to it: olives and tomato sauce!
- 1 ½ cup 300 gr. ripe tomatoes, seeded, cut into small cubes
- 6 tbsp olive oil
- 12 Kalamata olives pitted, chopped
- ¼ cup fresh thyme chopped
- A few thyme sprigs
- 2 tbsp capers drained
- 2 large garlic cloves cut into thin slices
- 6 salmon fillets 180 gr. each
- Salt and pepper
- In a medium bowl, combine the tomatoes, 4 tablespoons olive oil, olives, thyme, capers, and garlic. Let stand in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes and up to 2 hours.
- Turn on the oven grill (medium to high heat) or prepare the barbecue.
- Salt and pepper the salmon to taste.
- In a medium bowl, whisk a little bit of oil with mustard, ground pepper, and a bit of minced garlic.
- Spread the fresh thyme in an ovenproof pan. Place salmon fillets over it. Brush the salmon fillets with the mustard sauce and then grill.
- Serve with the tomato, olives, thyme, capers, and garlic sauce.