Grilled Salmon with Tomatoes and Olives
Salmon grilled to perfection, with a Greek touch to it: olives and tomato sauce!
- 1 ½ cup 300 gr. ripe tomatoes, seeded, cut into small cubes
- 6 tbsp olive oil
- 12 Kalamata olives pitted, chopped
- ¼ cup fresh thyme chopped
- A few thyme sprigs
- 2 tbsp capers drained
- 2 large garlic cloves cut into thin slices
- 6 salmon fillets 180 gr. each
- Salt and pepper
In a medium bowl, combine the tomatoes, 4 tablespoons olive oil, olives, thyme, capers, and garlic. Let stand in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes and up to 2 hours.
Turn on the oven grill (medium to high heat) or prepare the barbecue.
Salt and pepper the salmon to taste.
In a medium bowl, whisk a little bit of oil with mustard, ground pepper, and a bit of minced garlic.
Spread the fresh thyme in an ovenproof pan. Place salmon fillets over it. Brush the salmon fillets with the mustard sauce and then grill.
Serve with the tomato, olives, thyme, capers, and garlic sauce.