Grilled Pork Chops Stuffed with Feta
Feta-stuffed pork chops with a tangy mustard-lemon-olive oil finish will perk up any meat lover's day! For a lovingly curated array of dried herbs, olive oils, and other Greek ingredients to pair with this recipe, check out my online store here.
- 4 pork chops about 6 ounces each
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin Greek olive oil
- 1 leek finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 10 ounces frozen spinach defrosted, squeezed dry, and finely chopped
- 3 ounces Greek feta
- 3 ounces Greek anthotyro or ricotta cheese
- Grated zest of 1 lemon
- Pinch of nutmeg powder
- 4 teaspoons snipped dill
- 2 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 2 tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp. chopped fresh oregano
- 2 tbsp. fresh orange or tangerine juice
- 2 tbsp. extra virgin Greek olive oil
Heat the olive oil in a large heavy skillet over medium heat and sauté the leek until soft. Add the garlic and stir all together for a minute. Add the spinach and cook until all the liquid it exudes evaporates.
Transfer the mixture to a bowl and add the cheeses, salt, pepper, lemon zest, nutmeg and dill.
Heat the grill to medium and oil the grill rack.
Using a sharp paring knife, make an incision/pocket on the boneless side of the chops. Divide the stuffing into four equal portions and stuff each chop with it, pressing down to seal closed.
Whisk together the lemon juice, mustard, oregano, orange or tangerine juice, and remaining 2 tbsp. olive oil.
Grill the chops over medium heat, brushing lightly with the mustard mixture on both sides. Grill for about 10 minutes per side, over indirect heat. Serve hot.