Grilled Pork Chops Stuffed with Feta
Feta-stuffed pork chops with a tangy mustard-lemon-olive oil finish will perk up any meat lover's day! For a lovingly curated array of dried herbs, olive oils, and other Greek ingredients to pair with this recipe, check out my online store here.
- 4 pork chops about 6 ounces each
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin Greek olive oil
- 1 leek finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 10 ounces frozen spinach defrosted, squeezed dry, and finely chopped
- 3 ounces Greek feta
- 3 ounces Greek anthotyro or ricotta cheese
- Grated zest of 1 lemon
- Pinch of nutmeg powder
- 4 teaspoons snipped dill
- 2 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 2 tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp. chopped fresh oregano
- 2 tbsp. fresh orange or tangerine juice
- 2 tbsp. extra virgin Greek olive oil
- Heat the olive oil in a large heavy skillet over medium heat and sauté the leek until soft. Add the garlic and stir all together for a minute. Add the spinach and cook until all the liquid it exudes evaporates.
- Transfer the mixture to a bowl and add the cheeses, salt, pepper, lemon zest, nutmeg and dill.
- Heat the grill to medium and oil the grill rack.
- Using a sharp paring knife, make an incision/pocket on the boneless side of the chops. Divide the stuffing into four equal portions and stuff each chop with it, pressing down to seal closed.
- Whisk together the lemon juice, mustard, oregano, orange or tangerine juice, and remaining 2 tbsp. olive oil.
- Grill the chops over medium heat, brushing lightly with the mustard mixture on both sides. Grill for about 10 minutes per side, over indirect heat. Serve hot.