Grilled Cheese with Arugula & Greek Honey
Who doesn’t love a great grilled cheese sandwich? This is one of my all-time favorite indulgences, a luscious melting pan-fried sandwich filled with mild Greek cheese and drizzled with amazing Greek honey the Blue Zone island of Ikaria.
- 2 slices good sourdough bread or raisin-walnut bread or any other good bread, such as olive bread, rye, pumpernickel etc., as desired
- 2 ounces Greek kasseri or graviera cheese cut into thin slices, or any other mild but tangy yellow cheese such as Edam, Swiss Cheese, or Gruyere
- 1 small handful arugula leaves about 8 leaves, rinsed and patted dry
- 1 ½ tablespoons butter slightly more if needed
- 2 teaspoons Klio Ikaria pine honey
- Assemble the sandwich by buttering the one side of each slice with about a half tablespoon total of butter then stacking the cheese slices and arugula and patting down to close.
- Melt the remaining butter in a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Place the sandwich in the frying pan and press down with a spatula. Cover, lower heat and cook on one side. When browned, flip and cook on remaining side, adding an additional dab of butter if necessary. When browned, crisp and golden, remove, cut in half diagonally and drizzle with Greek honey.