Lemon Hummus Toast With Feta & Eggs
Here is one of those Greek-inspired snacks that doubles as a quick meal and can be made in a matter of minutes. One of my go-to ingredients in making snacks in the spirit of avocado toast is actually a spread of lemon hummus produced by My Greek Table sponsor Esti Foods. It's delicious and makes this easy snack even easier to make!
Add a few boiled eggs, some fresh tomatoes and feta cheese, and you’ve got a delicious super-fast Mediterranean Diet recipe that’s filling and healthy and just as good for breakfast as it is for lunch or dinner. And...if the yearning strikes, mash up half an avocado and whisk it into the hummus!
- 4 slices good country sourdough bread toasted
- 8 tablespoons Esti Foods lemon hummus
- 1 or 2 firm ripe tomatoes, cut into a total of 12 slices
- 8 teaspoons crumbled Greek feta
- 2 eggs boiled for 7 minutes
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh parsley
- Pinch of sweet paprika
- Peel and quarter the eggs.
- Spread the avocado hummus on the toasted bread.
- Place the sliced tomatoes over the hummus. Sprinkle with crumbled feta. Place the eggs on top. Sprinkle with parsley and paprika and serve.