Greek Yogurt Mousse with Rose Petal Jam
- 1 envelope 1 tablespoon unflavored gelatin
- 2 cups Greek rose petal jam or other fruit spoon* sweet pureed lightly
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups Greek yogurt
- 1 cup well-chilled heavy cream
- In a small saucepan sprinkle the gelatin over 1/4 cup cold water, let it soften for 1 minute, and heat the mixture over low heat, stirring, until the gelatin is dissolved.
- In a blender blend together the spoon sweet purée, the sugar, and the vanilla, add the gelatin mixture, and blend the mixture well. Transfer the mixture to a bowl and stir in the yogurt.
- In a chilled bowl beat the cream until it holds stiff peaks, fold it into the cherry mixture gently but thoroughly, and divide the mousse among 4 dessert glasses. Chill the mousse for at least 4 hours or overnight. Garnish the mousse with a little of the spoon sweet, drained.
You can make this with any Greek spoon sweet, especially if rose petal jam is hard to find. Vyssino (sour cherry) spoon sweet works perfectly with this, but so do other flavors, such as orange, bergamot, lemon and cherry.