Greek Style Ouzo-Greek Balsamic-Mustard Glazed Chicken Wings
You can use this glaze for ribs and roasted whole chicken or Cornish game hens, too. To find some of the artisinal Greek products you'll need to make this, visit my online shop here, where you'll discover a host of lovingly curated Greek ingredients.
- 3 tablespoons Peloponnese mustard
- 4 tablespoons Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup Vrisi 36 Greek balsamic vinegar
- ½ cup Vrisi 36 extra virgin Greek olive oil preferably oregano-infused
- 2 tablespoons ouzo or 1 teaspoon fennel seeds pulverized in a spice grinder in with a pestle and mortar
- 3 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 2 tablespoons Greek honey
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- ½ teaspoon cayenne or more, to taste
- 1 heaping teaspoon ground cumin
- Salt to taste
- 2 pounds / 1 kilo chicken wings preferably organic
- Whisk the mustard, yogurt, balsamic, olive oil, ouzo, orange juice, honey, garlic and spices together in large mixing bowl and mix in the wings.
- Toss to coat completely in the marinade. Set aside, refrigerated and covered, for at least 30 minutes or up to two hours.
- Preheat the oven to 375F / 190C. Place the chicken wings in an oiled baking dish and roast until golden, turning several times so that they cook evenly, about 35 minutes total.
Go to my online Greek specialty food shop for a range of traditional and artisanal delicacies from all over Greece.