Spring Greek Salad of Spinach, Blood Oranges, Chick Peas, Avocado & Olives
A wonderful, filling but light salad, that calls for Greek olive and Greek balsamic, which you can shop for here.
- ½ pound fresh baby spinach
- 1 firm ripe avocado
- 1 blood orange or regular orange
- 1 cup cooked chick peas canned are ok
- ½ cup Greek throumbes olives wrinkled black
- 1 red onion halved and thinly sliced
- 6 tablespoons Vrisi 36 extra virgin Greek olive oil preferably the Bold flavored one
- 2 tablespoons Vrisi 36 Greek balsamic vinegar
- Fresh strained juice of half an orange
- 1 heaping teaspoon Greek mustard
- Salt pepper to taste
Trim the stems off the spinach and discard or save for another use, such as in a stew or soup. Coarsely chop the spinach. Wash and spin dry.
Cut the avocado into slices, peel, and cut each slice in half.
Peel the orange and cut it in half lengthwise and then into thin half-moon slices.
Place all the ingredients for the salad in a serving bowl.
Whisk together all the ingredients for the dressing. Pour over the salad, toss and serve.