Greek Salad BLT
Greek salad has infinite incarnations and this fun Greek recipe for a BLT is just one of them! Best of all…the Kalamata Olive Mayo, made with Greek yogurt! That’s a recipe from my most recent book, My Greek Table.
- 4 tablespoons crumbled Greek feta
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin Greek olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried Greek oregano
- 6 large slices good quality whole wheat sourdough bread
- 3 tablespoons Kalamata olive mayo
- 6 – 8 crisp iceberg or romaine lettuce leaves washed and dry
- 2 firm ripe tomatoes, cored and sliced into thin rounds
- 1 medium cucumber preferably organic, trimmed and shaved or cut lengthwise into 1/8-inch slices
- 1 green bell seeded and cut into thin rings
- 1 small red onion sliced into thin rounds
- 12 slices bacon cooked until crisp
Mash the feta, oregano and olive oil together and set aside.
Lightly toast the bread.
Spread the mashed feta on 3 of the 6 slices of bread and spread the Kalamata olive mayo on the other 3 slices. Use one of each per sandwich.
Place two lettuce leaves on each of the bread slices spread with Kalamata olive paste. Then, build the sandwiches: place the cucumber strips, a few tomato slices, the pepper slices and onions over the lettuce. Finish each sandwich with two slices of bacon and cover with the remaining slice of toast, spread with the feta mixture. Cut in half if desired, secure with toothpicks and serve.