Deviled Eggs with Florina Peppers, Feta, and Yogurt
Deviled eggs, Greek style… with Greek yogurt and feta, of course. Make them as spicy as you like. A great way to make use of leftover hard-boiled Easter eggs but easy to make all year round.
- 6 hard-boiled eggs
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin Greek olive oil
- 1 shallot finely chopped
- 1 small onion finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove finely chopped
- 1 roasted red Florina pepper in brine drained
- 1 chili pepper seeded and minced
- Several drops of hot sauce
- 4 tablespoons crumbled feta
- 2 tablespoons Greek yogurt
- Peel the eggs carefully and cut in half lengthwise.
- Pop out the yolks into a mixing bowl.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a medium, nonstick skillet and sweat the shallot, onion, and garlic until soft, about 6-7 minutes. Add to the yolks.
- Place the red pepper in a food processor and pulse on and off until chunky but pureed. Add to the yolks. Stir in the minced chili pepper, hot sauce, feta and yogurt. Add the remaining olive oil. Mash the mixture with a fork until smooth. Alternatively, you can place everything in a food processor and pulse on and off to combine.
- Fill the whites with a heaping tablespoon or two of the filling and serve.