Tsoureki French Toast
This is a great way to make use of leftover Greek Easter or New Year's breads, called Tsoureki and Vasilopita respectively. For great Greek honey to drizzle over your Tsoureki French Toast, go to my online store here.
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup milk
- 1 scant teaspoon cinnamon powder plus extra for garnish
- 3 – 4 tablespoons butter
- 12 slices leftover somewhat stale tsoureki (Greek Easter bread)
- Confectioner’s sugar and / or Greek honey for garnish
- Whisk the egg, milk, and cinnamon together in a wide, shallow bowl.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, melt the first tablespoon of butter.
- Dip 3 slices, one at a time, into the egg-milk mixture, and place the slices in the frying pan, as soon as the butter stops bubbling and before it turns brown. Cook the slices on both sides until golden brown. Repeat with remaining tsoureki slices, replenishing the frying pan with a little butter when needed.
- Serve the tsoureki French toast hot, drizzled with Greek honey or sprinkled with confectioner’s sugar and a little cinnamon.