Stir-Fry Beef & Broccoli with Ouzo, Lemon & Honey
This hybrid of Sino-Greek culinary friendship is a classic midweek meal in my house. It's easy, quick, succulent and full of the flavors of both East and West
- 1/2 c. chicken broth
- 1/3 c. low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/3 cup ouzo
- 1/3 c. brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp. Greek honey
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Grated zest of 1 lemon
- 1 lb. flank steak cut into 1-inch/2/5-cm x ½-in/1.25-cm strips
- 1 tbsp. Extra Virgin Greek olive oil
- 1 head broccoli cut into florets
- Greek sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Cooked rice for serving
- In a medium bowl, combine chicken broth, soy sauce, ouzo, brown sugar, honey, garlic, and lemon juice. Heat a large nonstick skillet or wok over high heat.
- Toss the steak strips with olive oil and add to skillet. Sear for 5 minutes, stirring. Stir in the broccoli florets and toss with the oil and beef, stirring for 2 more minutes all together. Add sauce to skillet.
- Season generously with salt and pepper. Reduce heat to medium. Let the steak and broccoli simmer 8 to 10 minutes until broccoli and steak are cooked through and tender.
- Serve with rice and a Greek rosé.