Spicy Carrot-Greek Yogurt Spread
Here's a great, easy dip that's a take on traditional tzatziki in that it has a Greek yogurt base.
- Spicy Carrot-Greek Yogurt Dip
- 4 tablespoons Greek extra virgin olive oil
- 4 large carrots, preferably organic, peeled and chopped
- 3 large garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 knob of ginger, 1 ½-inchs / 4 cm long, peeled and grated or finely chopped
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin, or more to taste
- ½ teaspoon curry, or more, to taste
- ½ teaspoon turmeric, or more, to taste
- ½ teaspoon cayenne or hot paprika, or more, to taste
- ½ teaspoon grated orange zest, preferably from an organic orange
- 2 cups Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice or balsamic vinegar
- Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat and cook the carrots, stirring, until soft and glistening, about 10 – 12 minutes. About 8 minutes into cooking them, add the garlic and ginger and stir to soften. Add the spices and cook gently to help release their aromas.
- Remove from heat, stir in grated orange zest and cool slightly.
- Transfer the carrot mixture to the bowl of a food processor and pulse until the carrots are a smooth puree. Add the Greek yogurt, remaining olive oil, lemon juice or balsamic and pulse to combine. Remove and serve.
Greek Food - Greek Cooking - Greek Recipes by Diane Kochilas //www.dianekochilas.com/