Shrimp and Zucchini Salad Marinated with Mastiha
- 2 medium very fresh zucchini
- 1 pound (1/2 kilo) peeled and deveined cooked shrimps
- 1/3 cup extra virgin Greek olive oil
- 4 Τbsp. fresh strained lemon juice
- Grated zest of 1 lemon
- 1 Greek garlic clove in brine drained and pressed
- 1 Τbsp. chopped fresh thyme or savory or 1 teaspoon Greek dried wild thyme
- 1 Τbsp. chopped fresh mint or marjoram or 1 teaspoon dried Greek mint or oregano
- Smoked Greek sea salt and freshly ground black pepper Cayenne to taste
- 1/3 tsp mastiha powder or 1/2 teaspoon mastiha crystals crushed with a pinch of salt in a mortar and pestle
- Trim the ends off the zucchini and cut the zucchini into paper-thin round slices.
- Combine the zucchini with the shrimp in a large bowl.
In a medium bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice and zest, garlic, herbs, smoked sea salt, mastiha, pepper, and cayenne to taste and pour the dressing over the zucchini and shrimp. Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour and up to 3 hours. Serve chilled.