Roasted Fennel with Kalamata Olives, Oranges, Feta
Here's a simple, tangy Greek recipe for roasted fennel. To find some of the artisinal Greek products you'll need to make this, visit my online shop here, where you'll discover a host of lovingly curated Greek ingredients.
- Fennel Roasted with Kalamata Olives
- 2 fennel bulbs trimmed
- ½ cup extra virgin Greek olive oil
- ½ cup fresh orange juice
- 1 tablespoon Greek mustard
- 2 teaspoons Greek honey or petimezi grape molasses
- 1 tablespoon Greek balsamic
- Salt pepper to taste
- 1 orange halved and sliced
- 2 garlic cloves finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh dill or fennel fronds
- 10 – 12 Kalamata olives
- ½ - 2/3 cup crumbled Greek feta cheese
Preheat oven to 375F / 180C.
Remove the base and stalks from the fennel and cut the bulb in half and then into 1/-4-inch slices, lengthwise.
Whisk together the olive oil, mustard, orange juice, honey or petimezi, balsamic, salt and pepper. Toss the fennel in this mixture and place in an oven-proof glass or ceramic roasting dish.
Place the orange slices in between the fennel slices and roast for about 35 minutes, until the fennel is soft and lightly golden. Toss in the dill or fennel fronds and olives and bake another five minutes. Sprinkle the feta over the fennel and turn the oven off. Leave the dish in the oven for 5 minutes. Remove and serve.