Mediterranean Caesar Salad
Here's a Greek-Mediterranean inspired Caesar's Salad that can easily be enjoyed as a main course.
- Mediterranean Caesar Salad
- 2 heads of Bibb or other tender lettuce
- 12 Kalamata olives
- 10 sun-dried tomatoes drained if they are in oil
- ½ cup croutons
- 8 thin slices of prosciutto
- Salt and black pepper to taste
For the vinaigrette
- 2 tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp. Dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 6 tbsp. extra-virgin Greek olive oil
- 2 hard boiled egg yolks crumbled
- 2 salted anchovy fillets mashed
- 3 tbsp. grated Greek Kefalotyri cheese or Parmesan
Toss all the salad ingredients in a large serving bowl, leaving the prosciutto slices for last and placing them on top.
Whisk or shake all the ingredients for the vinaigrette together until the mixture is smooth and emulsified. Pour the vinaigrette over the salad just before serving.