Mediterranean Caesar Salad
Here's a Greek-Mediterranean inspired Caesar's Salad that can easily be enjoyed as a main course.
- Mediterranean Caesar Salad
- 2 heads of Bibb or other tender lettuce
- 12 Kalamata olives
- 10 sun-dried tomatoes drained if they are in oil
- ½ cup croutons
- 8 thin slices of prosciutto
- Salt and black pepper to taste
For the vinaigrette
- 2 tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp. Dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 6 tbsp. extra-virgin Greek olive oil
- 2 hard boiled egg yolks crumbled
- 2 salted anchovy fillets mashed
- 3 tbsp. grated Greek Kefalotyri cheese or Parmesan
- Toss all the salad ingredients in a large serving bowl, leaving the prosciutto slices for last and placing them on top.
- Whisk or shake all the ingredients for the vinaigrette together until the mixture is smooth and emulsified. Pour the vinaigrette over the salad just before serving.