Pasta Tossed with Greek Yogurt and Herbs
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin Greek olive oil
- 1 large red onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups finely chopped mixed fresh herbs of choice: rosemary, parsley, oregano, marjoram, basil, mint, fennel, thyme)
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 pound Pasta, such as Greek hilopites or fettucine or tagliatele
- 2 cups Greek yogurt
- Grated zest of 1 lemon
- In a medium skillet heat a tablespoon of olive oil over low heat and cook the onions until soft and golden, about 15 to 20 minutes. Stir in the garlic.
- Combine the fresh herbs and onions in a mixing bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cook the pasta in boiling salted water and drain, reserving 3 cups of its cooking liquid.
- Toss the pasta with the herb-onion mixture, olive oil, and yogurt. Add enough cooking liquid to make the sauce creamy. Stir in the lemon zest and black pepper. Serve hot.
Greek Food - Greek Cooking - Greek Recipes by Diane Kochilas //www.dianekochilas.com/