Orzo Cucumber Greek Salad
- 1 cup orzo regular or whole wheat
- 2 – 3 tablespoons extra virgin Greek olive oil
- 2 cucumbers preferably organic, trimmed, halved lengthwise and cut into thin half-moon slices
- 1 small red onion chopped
- ½ garlic clove chopped
- Finely grated zest of 1 lemon preferably organic
- 1 ½ cups Greek feta cut into ½-inch cubes
- ¼ cups Santorini capers
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 bunch parsley basil or mint, trimmed and cut into thin ribbons or chopped
Cook the orzo according to package directions, drain, transfer to a mixing bowl and toss with half the olive oil.
Add the cucumber slices, red onion, lemon zest, feta, capers, and parsley to the orzo. Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper. Mix in remaining olive oil and serve.
Want to learn more easy, healthy Mediterranean diet recipes? Sign up for my online course “Mastering the Mediterranean!“