Taboule with Cinnamon, Lemon Zest and Greek Yogurt-Honey-Mustard Dressing
Enjoy this easy, delicious, light but filling salad that needs no cooking and is brimming with flavor and health. Bulgur is the base for taboule. I've added a touch of cinnamon and lemon zest to perk the flavor profile up, and Greek yogurt dressing, optional, for a little extra refreshing touch. To find some of the artisinal Greek products you'll need to make this, visit my online shop here, where you'll discover a host of lovingly curated Greek ingredients.
- 1 cup coarse bulgur
- 4 large firm vine-ripened tomatoes, cored and diced
- 5 scallions trimmed and chopped
- 1 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1 cup chopped mint
- 1 garlic clove minced
- Grated zest of 1 lemon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ½ teaspoon powdered cinnamon
- 1/3 cup Greek extra virgin olive oil
- 2/3 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon Greek pine honey
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- Salt to taste
- Pinch of cayenne
- Soak the bulgur in 1 cup cold water at room temperature for several hours, until all the water is absorbed.
- Toss the bulgur with all the remaining ingredients and refrigerate for 1 hour before serving.
- Just before serving: Whisk together the ingredients for the yogurt dressing. Serve the taboule salad with the dressing on the side, or drizzle a little over the top of each serving.