Mashed Potatoes with Greek Feta and Yogurt
Everyone loves a great mashed potato recipe, the ultimate comfort food. This one, with Greek feta, yogurt and olive oil added to the potatoes, is a wonderful variation. It goes well with all sorts of comfort foods, especially tomato based stews.
- 4 medium boiling potatoes skins left on, washed well
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1/4 cup/60 ml plus 2 Tbsp./90 ml extra-virgin Greek olive oil
- 1/4 cup/60 ml Greek yogurt
- 3 tbsp milk
- 8 oz/225 g Greek feta cheese crumbled
- 2 Tbsp. finely chopped fresh parsley
- Salt and pepper
- Put the potatoes in a pot of cold salted water to cover. Bring the water to a boil and cook the potatoes until the skins burst and the potatoes are fork-tender. Drain, remove from the pot, cool slightly, and peel.
- Put the potatoes in a medium nonreactive bowl and mash with a potato masher, gradually adding the garlic, olive oil, yogurt, milk, and feta and continue mashing until smooth and well blended. Add the parsley and season with salt and pepper. Serve hot.