Linguine with Tarama
This recipe was inspired and adapted from a recent posting of friend and Canadian food blogger Peter Minakis/Kalofagas.
- 6 tbsp. extra virgin Greek olive oil
- 4 scallions or spring onions trimmed and cut into thin rounds
- 1 garlic clove very finely chopped
- ½ cup blanched almonds either thinly sliced or coarsely chopped
- 6 tbsp. Tarama carp or cod roe
- Grated zest of 1 lemon
- Black pepper freshly ground
- A little cayenne pepper or Greek red pepper flakes boukovo
- 1 lb. /450 g linguini preferably whole wheat
- Heat 2 tbsp. of olive oil in a skillet and sauté the scallions or green onions and garlic just until the onion softens slightly, about 4 minutes, stirring.
- Toast the almonds in a dry skillet until lightly browned.
- Boil the linguine in ample salted water until al dente. Drain and place back in the pot. Toss with the remaining 4 tablespoons of olive oil, the sautéd scallions and garlic, the almonds, tarama, lemon zest, pepper and cayenne. Serve immediately.