Vrisi 36 Herb-Crusted Salmon, Warm Potato Salad
Two Greek-Mediterranean mustards add punch to this easy salmon dish. Enjoy it with an aromatic white wine from Monemvasia made with the historic Malagouzia (Malmsey) grape. To find some of the artisinal Greek products you'll need to make this, visit my online shop here, where you'll discover a host of lovingly curated Greek ingredients.
- 2 salmon fillets with skin, 6 oz./ 180 g each
- 1/3 cup each of fresh chopped parsley dill and basil
- 1/3 – ½ cup fresh breadcrumbs
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 – 3 tablespoons Vrisi 36 organic extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Vrisi 36 honey mustard
- For the Warm Potato Salad
- 2 Yukon Gold or other boiling potatoes peeled and sliced into ¼-inch/1-cm rounds
- 6 sun-dried tomatoes rinsed and soaked in 1 cup warm water to soften
- 1 leek rinsed, trimmed and cut into thin rounds
- 1 garlic clove finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons Vrisi 36 Tomato Basil, Olive Paste Mustard
- 1 tablespoon Vrisi 36 Balsamic Vinegar
- 4 tablespoons Vrisi 36 oregano essence extra virgin Greek olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped dill
- Preheat the oven to 450F/200C.
- Place the fresh herbs, 1/3 cup of breadcrumbs, salt, pepper, and 1 tablespoon olive oil in the bowl of a food processor and pulse until the mixture is a dense green paste.
- Season the salmon lightly with salt and pepper. Whisk together the remaining 2 tablespoons of Vrisi organic olive oil and the mustard and brush this mixture onto the flesh side of the salmon.
- Divide the herb paste in half and press it evenly over the flesh side of the fish fillets. Place in an oiled oven-proof glass or ceramic baking pan and bake the salmon for 12 – 15 minutes, until fork tender.
- While the salmon is baking make the potato salad: Bring a medium pot of water to a boil, salt well, and add the potato slices. Simmer on low heat for 10 minutes, or until fork tender. Three minutes before removing from heat, add the leek slices. Drain. Drain the sun-dried tomatoes, reserving the soaking water. Cut into thin slices.
- Gently toss the hot potatoes, leeks, sun-dried tomatoes and garlic together. Whisk the mustard, vinegar, 2 tablespoons of the tomato water and the oregano essence olive oil together until smooth. Season with salt and pepper. Dress the potato salad with this. Sprinkle with the chopped dill.
- Serve each salmon fillet with the potato salad and a glass of chilled Vrisi 36 Malagouzia wine. Enjoy!