To find some of the artisinal Greek products you'll need to make this, visit my online shop here, where you'll discover a host of lovingly curated Greek ingredients.
- 1 cup quinoa rinsed
- 2 cups water
- ½ cup extra virgin Greek olive oil
- 1 large red onion
- 1/2 leek trimmed and cut into thin rounds
- 2 garlic cloves
- 10 cups trimmed fresh, coarsely chopped spinach, drained well
- Pepper to taste
- ½ - 2/3 cup crumbled Greek feta
- Rinse the quinoa in a colander under cold running water.
- Bring two cups water to a boil, season to taste with salt, and add the quinoa. Reduce heat to low and simmer, uncovered, stirring frequently, until the quinoa absorbs all the water, about 15 – 20 minutes.
- While the quinoa is cooking, heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a large, deep frying pan or shallow pot and sauté the onion and leek over medium heat until wilted, about 8 minutes. Add the spinach and cook until wilted. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Cook off any excess liquid.
- In a small frying pan heat 3 tablespoons of olive oil over low heat and cook the garlic until crisp and very lightly colored. Remove from heat as soon as the garlic starts to acquire a little color.
- When the quinoa is ready, mix it into the spinach and stir to combine. Garnish with the crisped garlic cloves and crumbled feta and serve, drizzled with the remaining olive oil.