Spring Beets with Yogurt / Patzarosalata me Yiaourti
Spring beets are sweet as can be. Paired with sour Greek yogurt, this salad is perfectly balanced, delicious and earthy.
- 6 large beets trimmed
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- Sea salt to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Pinch of allspice to taste
- 3 garlic cloves unpeeled
- 2/3 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 4 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- Preheat the oven to 400F / 220C.
- Rub the beats with olive oil, salt, pepper and a pinch of allspice. Place each beet inside a piece of aluminum foil. Wrap the first three. Take the garlic cloves and add one to each of the remaining beets. Wrap in the aluminum foil. Roast for about one hour, or until you can pierce theb eets easily with a fork. Remove and cool.
- Peel the beets. Press out the softened garlic from each of the three cloves and set aside.
- Whisk together the yogurt, softened garlic, and vinegar. Toss with the beets and walnuts. Serve.