Glazed Carrots with Pomegranate, Raisins & Greek Honey
- 4 large carrots
- 2 tbsp Greek EVOO
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 two-inch knob of ginger peeled and grated
- 4 – 5 allspice berries
- 2 tablespoons petimezi (grape molasses)
- 1 tbsp Greek honey
- Juice of ½ an orange
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 – 3 tablespoons Corinthian currants or seedless dark raisins
- Arils of 1 pomegranate (1 cup)
- 3 – 4 tablespoons fresh chopped mint leaves
Heat olive oil and butter and add carrots.
Cook, covered, for 10 min until softened but al dente.
Add ginger, allspice berries, salt to taste, petimezi, Greek honey, orange juice and balsamic.
Cook for a few minutes.
Add the currants or raisins and the pomegranate arils.
Garnish with mint and serve.
Want to learn more easy, healthy Mediterranean diet recipes? Sign up for my online course “Mastering the Mediterranean!“