Constantinople Cabbage Salad / Politiki Lahanosalata
This colorful Greek cabbage salad is a classic on the winter table.
- 2 cups finely shredded white cabbage
- 2 cups finely shredded red cabbage
- 2 cups peeled and finely shredded carrot
- 4 roasted red peppers seeded and finely chopped (about 1 ¼ cups)
- 2 Tbsp. tiny capers
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/3 cup/80 ml extra-virgin Greek olive oil
- 2 Tbsp./30 ml red wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. coarse-grain Dijon mustard
- Salt to taste
1. Combine all the ingredients except the oil, vinegar, mustard, and salt in a large salad bowl and toss with a fork to combine.
2. Whisk together the remaining ingredients for the dressing, pour over the salad, toss, and serve immediately.