The Simplest Boiled Greens Salad
This wonderful salad, so simple, is one of the masterpieces of Greek seasonal cuisine. All you need is super fresh sweet greens in season, some beautiful zucchini and excellent Greek extra virgin olive oil, of course, available here.
- 1 ½ pounds of sweet or bitter greens of choice: Bok Choy papoulies in Greek, Rainbow Chard, Kale, Collards, Sweet Dandelion, Chard, Amaranth (in season on summer) or bitter greens such as mustard greens, bitter dandelions and the whole range of wild chicories
- Extra Virgin Greek Olive Oil
- Lemon Juice or Red Wine Vinegar
- Trim and wash the greens. Coarsely chop.
- Bring a large pot of water to a rolling boil, season generously with salt, and drop in the greens. Boil til tender. Times will vary depending on the greens. Drain and serve drizzled generously with olive oil, and seasoned with salt and vinegar. Serve warm or at room temperature or cold.