Baked Pasta with Sun-Dried Tomatoes and Olives
- 1 pound tubular pasta cooked in salted water and drained
- 6 – 8 tablespoons extra virgin Greek olive oil
- 1 pound PDO Greek Feta crumbled
- 12 sun-dried tomatoes in olive oil, drained and chopped
- 12 Greek throumbes olives pitted and coarsely chopped, or
- 3 tablespoons Green olive-almond paste
- Greek sea salt to taste
- Black pepper to taste
- 2 teaspoons dried Greek oregano
- 6 large eggs
- 2 cups whole milk
Preheat the oven to 375F/180C. Oil two large loaf pans or one large baking dish.
Toss the pasta with half the olive oil, crumbled feta, sun-dried tomatoes, olives, salt, pepper and oregano.
Whisk the eggs, milk, and remaining olive oil together in a large bowl until thick and creamy. You can do this with an electric hand mixer, too. Pour the mixture into the pasta and toss very well to combine thoroughly.
Transfer the pasta mixture to the loaf or baking pans. Bake in the middle of a hot oven for about 45 – 50 minutes, or until set and golden. Remove and serve.
Want to try a light, delicious Greek red with this? Go for this lovely Nemea red, made with the Agiorgitiko grape. If you like Merlot, you’ll love this!