Asparagus Sautéed with Mastiha-Olive Oil
- 4 servings
- 2-3 Tbsp. extra virgin Greek olive oil*
- ½ tsp. ground Mastiha powder*
- 1/2 kilo 1 pound asparagus (medium-sized)
- Coarse sea salt
- 2 tbsp. crumbled Greek feta
- Pink peppercorns to taste
- 2 – 3 tsp. fresh lemon juice to taste
- 1 tbsp. finely chopped dill
- 1. Cut away the thick, tough bottoms of the asparagus and trim the stalks lightly with a vegetable peeler.
- 2. In a heavy skillet over medium-high heat warm the olive oil and add the Mastiha powder and the asparagus. Toss the skillet a bit to arrange the asparagus in one layer. Raise the heat for 1-2 minutes, and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- 3. Reduce heat and cook the asparagus for 8-10 minutes, until tender. Drizzle with a few drops of lemon, sprinkle with feta, dill and pink peppercorns and serve.
*Note: You may also buy mastiha-flavored extra virgin olive oil from the MastihaShop.