Arugula, White Bean Salad with Capers & Onions
Beans and arugula pair naturally, both in cooked dishes and in salads like this. The capers perk the whole dish up.
- 3 cups cooked white beans, such as canelini (canned are fine)*
- 3 cups fresh baby arugula
- 1 large onion, halved and sliced
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained
- ¼ cup extra virgin Greek olive oil
- 2 tablespoons Greek red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Greek or Dijon mustard
- Salt, pepper to taste
- • If using canned beans, rinse well and drain in a colander
- Trim the stems off the arugula and discard. Coarsely chop the arugula.
- Toss the beans, arugula, onion and caper together.
- In a small bowl with a wire whisk, stir the olive oil, vinegar, mustard, salt and pepper together until the mixture is emulsified. Pour into the salad, toss, and serve.
Greek Food - Greek Cooking - Greek Recipes by Diane Kochilas //www.dianekochilas.com/