Arugula, White Bean Salad with Capers & Onions
Beans and arugula pair naturally, both in cooked dishes and in salads like this. The capers perk the whole dish up. To find some of the artisinal Greek products you'll need to make this, visit my online shop here, where you'll discover a host of lovingly curated Greek ingredients.
- 3 cups cooked white beans such as canelini (canned are fine)*
- 3 cups fresh baby arugula
- 1 large onion halved and sliced
- 2 tablespoons capers drained
- ¼ cup extra virgin Greek olive oil
- 2 tablespoons Greek red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Greek or Dijon mustard
- Salt pepper to taste
- • If using canned beans, rinse well and drain in a colander
- Trim the stems off the arugula and discard. Coarsely chop the arugula.
- Toss the beans, arugula, onion and caper together.
- In a small bowl with a wire whisk, stir the olive oil, vinegar, mustard, salt and pepper together until the mixture is emulsified. Pour into the salad, toss, and serve.