Arugula, Fennel, Pomegranate and Olive Salad
Fresh arugula salad with a crunchy, colorful, and highly nutritious addition: pomegranate. It is one of the oldest known fruits, symbol of fertility in many cultures, antioxidant-rich, and greatly appetizing.
- 2 large bunches arugula trimmed, washed and spun dry
- 1 large red onion peeled, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 large fennel bulb trimmed, halved and thinly sliced
- 16 wrinkled black olives preferably Thassos throumbes or other Greek wirnkled black olive
- Avrils seeds from one large, firm pomegranate
1. Tear the arugula by hand into large pieces. Place in a salad serving bowl and top with the sliced onion and fennel. Add olives and pomegranate.
2. Whisk together the ingredients for the dressing and pour over the salad just before serving.