Arugula, Fennel, Pomegranate and Olive Salad
Fresh arugula salad with a crunchy, colorful, and highly nutritious addition: pomegranate. It is one of the oldest known fruits, symbol of fertility in many cultures, antioxidant-rich, and greatly appetizing.
- 2 large bunches arugula trimmed, washed and spun dry
- 1 large red onion peeled, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 large fennel bulb trimmed, halved and thinly sliced
- 16 wrinkled black olives preferably Thassos throumbes or other Greek wirnkled black olive
- Avrils seeds from one large, firm pomegranate
- 1. Tear the arugula by hand into large pieces. Place in a salad serving bowl and top with the sliced onion and fennel. Add olives and pomegranate.
- 2. Whisk together the ingredients for the dressing and pour over the salad just before serving.